Friday, November 21, 2008
10Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
We have a BIG Mighty God!
11Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
The protection and weapons God provides, so you can be “More than conquers”
12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
We need every one of the tools God has for us.
14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist,
Truth—Knowing the true Gospel of Christ.
with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
Righteousness—That means cleansed from sin.
15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
Peace--At peace with God.
16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith,
Faith—Having confidence and ruthless trust in our mighty God
with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
17Take the helmet of salvation
Salvation—God’s provision for our forgiveness, restoration, holiness, and heaven.
and the sword of the Spirit,
Spirit—The indwelling Holy Spirit our guide and counselor.
which is the word of God.
Word—The source of wisdom and truth.
Now, with all this preparation what is our duty?
18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Prayer—Our communication with The Almighty.
19Pray also for me,(Interceed) that whenever I open my mouth,
Intercession--For help for The Church and its leaders.
words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20for which I am an ambassador in chains..
Speak—Bold and fearless.
Should we leave all the speaking to the present leaders?
Why can’t we do something for God’s kingdom too? We have the tools!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
35 Reasons Not To Sin
by Jim Elliff
- Because a little sin leads to more sin.
- Because my sin invites the discipline of God.
- Because the time spent in sin is forever wasted.
- Because my sin never pleases but always grieves God who loves me.
- Because my sin places a greater burden on my spiritual leaders.
- Because in time my sin always brings heaviness to my heart.
- Because I am doing what I do not have to do.
- Because my sin always makes me less than what I could be.
- Because others, including my family, suffer consequences due to my sin.
- Because my sin saddens the godly.
- Because my sin makes the enemies of God rejoice.
- Because sin deceives me into believing I have gained when in reality I have lost.
- Because sin may keep me from qualifying for spiritual leadership.
- Because the supposed benefits of my sin will never outweigh the consequences of disobedience.
- Because repenting of my sin is such a painful process, yet I must repent.
- Because sin is a very brief pleasure for an eternal loss.
- Because my sin may influence others to sin.
- Because my sin may keep others from knowing Christ.
- Because sin makes light of the cross, upon which Christ died for the very purpose of taking away my sin.
- Because it is impossible to sin and follow the Spirit at the same time.
- Because God chooses not to respect the prayers of those who cherish their sin.
- Because sin steals my reputation and robs me of my testimony.
- Because others once more earnest than I have been destroyed by just such sins.
- Because the inhabitants of heaven and hell would all testify to the foolishness of this sin.
- Because sin and guilt may harm both mind and body.
- Because sins mixed with service make the things of God tasteless.
- Because suffering for sin has no joy or reward, though suffering for righteousness has both.
- Because my sin is adultery with the world.
- Because, though forgiven, I will review this very sin at the Judgment Seat where loss and gain of eternal rewards are applied.
- Because I can never really know ahead of time just how severe the discipline for my sin might be.
- Because my sin may be an indication of a lost condition.
- Because to sin is not to love Christ.
- Because my unwillingness to reject this sin now grants it an authority over me greater than I wish to believe.
- Because sin glorifies God only in His judgment of it and His turning of it to good use, never because it is worth anything on it's own.
- Because I promised God he would be Lord of my life.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Have you made the right choice?
We make many choices, some trivial, some important, and a few with eternal consequences. Some choices are influenced by trivial things, others by people in our lives, some by government or circumstances. Some we are pleased with some we regret. Some lead to happiness or gain others to despair or loss.
We generally enjoy the freedom we have to choose for ourselves our path of life.
God gave us that freedom and because we are his creation he loves us, all of us. And will never deny us the prevelage to make our own choices.
However, because He is the master and creator of all things he knows what is best for us. He told Adam and Eve exactly the truth and consequences of what could happen in the Garden of Eden. It was their choice to disregard His advice. They had known the presence and fellowship of their creator but because the tempter got her attention and told her lies she made a terrible mistake and chose to believe Satan rather than God. Adam was just as gullible.They had been clearly told that sin or disobedience produces death. When we read “death” we might nor know exactly what is meant. I am sure that Gods communication with Adam and Eve left no doubt in their mind about what was meant. It wasn’t instant physical death, it was something far more hideous than that. They were God’s creation, created in His image. That means eternal as he is eternal. This death is a change in character, With the rebellion against the creator comes the loss of His character in them. God is love. Now they have selfishness. God is truth. Now they have deceit. God is faithful. Now they have faithlessness. God is holy. Now they have sin. They have taken on the character of Satan himself. And at that time they could not reverse the choice. And because we are all of Adams family, we inherit the curse of his spiritual death and physical death as well. God later told Eve that someday that Satan would bruise her offspring’s heel and that He; Christ would bruise Satan’s head, so that the curse could be reversed.
God’s new offspring through Eve came as a baby named Jesus, born to a virgin, born in a manger. He came to save His people from their sin. It was His choice to atone for our wrong choices through His sacrifice on the cross of Calvary. He came as our savior to “reverse the curse” and to restore us the spiritual life of our creator with the love, truth, faithfulness, and holiness that he created us for.
The best choice you could make is to make Jesus Christ, the way the truth and the life, your Savior. He loves you. That is why He gave His life for you. You can become a new person. Old things will be gone and all your thoughts, deeds, and attitudes will be transformed by the love of Christ. Will you ask Him to forgive your sins and come into your life today? He longs for you to choose Him, he will hear you, forgive you, and change your life. Now it’s not His choice. It’s your choice!Love, Howard
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
IS It A RISK TO HAVE FAITH IN GOD?
How firm a foundation!
On Christ the solid rock I stand!
Either I believe Jesus is the way the truth and the life, or I don’t!
Either I trust (have faith in) Jesus, God’s Son, or I don’t!
Either I choose Him and His way or I don’t!
Either I am on the way to Heaven, or I’m not!
Either I live what I say I believe or, I don’t believe!
Either I walk in the Spirit, or I don’t!
Either He lives in me, or He doesn’t!
How is it with you?